- What is Cold Laser Therapy or Low Level Laser Therapy?
- How does Dr. Ellis determine if I am a candidate for his treatment?
- Is cold laser therapy an FDA approved treatment?
- How many treatments do you think I will need?
- Will Dr. Ellis’ Cold Laser Knee Program help my pain temporarily or can I expect long term relief?
- What are the side effects?
- What should I expect on my first visit?
- What is Cold Laser Therapy or Low Level Laser Therapy? Today, lasers are used extensively in the medical industry for everything from cosmetic surgery, eye surgery and heart surgery. The ability to put just the right amount of energy into a critical area of the human body has been a huge advancement in the medical field. Cold lasers are an important addition to these other established medical laser treatments and the recent development of cold lasers means that cold laser therapy will be a rapidly growing medical treatment option.↑Top
- How does Dr. Ellis determine if I am a candidate for his treatment? All potential patients receive a consultation and a complete evaluation by Dr. Ellis. Any necessary x-rays will be taken or reviewed if you already have them to determine if you are a candidate for Dr. Ellis’ Cold Laser Knee Program.If he determines that you are a candidate for care he will provide a treatment plan including the number of treatments and the different payment options available. Your insurance will also be verified to determine if they will help you. You willd have all the information you need to make an informed decision. If you are not a candidate for care then Dr. Ellis will not accept your case and he will refer you to the appropriate doctor.↑Top
- Is cold laser therapy an FDA approved treatment?Yes, cold lasers are recognized by the FDA!! It is difficult and takes years of research for the FDA to give clearance to a medical device, and in 2001 the the first cold laser received an FDA clearance. All cold lasers are not FDA cleared, however all of the lasers used in Dr. Ellis’ office are FDA cleared cold lasers.↑Top
- How many treatments do you think I will need?The number of treatments a patient needs depends on multiple factors. This is determined by Dr. Ellis in the consultation. The less severe the condition the fewer number of treatments are required. The more severe the condition the greater the number of treatments are required.The average number of treatments can range anywhere from 15-30. Thankfully, most patients start to notice changes quickly, and most start feeling pain relief quickly usually between the 4-12th treatment.The results have proven to be long lasting. Thankfully, this treatment is not a treatment you have to continue doing for the rest of your life.For most patients the results are long lasting.After completing Dr. Ellis’ Cold Laser Knee Program most patients are pleased with their results and many have decided against having surgery and shots/injections.↑Top
- Will Dr. Ellis’ Cold Laser Knee Program help my pain temporarily or can I expect long term relief?The good news is that after completing Dr. Ellis’ Cold Laser Knee Program most patients are pleased with their results and they choose not to have surgery, or painful shots. Most patients tell us the results are long lasting.However, just like any other medical treatments, there are a small percentage of patients that only notice temporary relief or no relief at all from the treatment. With Cold Laser Therapy there are no side-effects like surgery.↑Top
- What are the side effects?Dr. Ellis’ Cold Laser Therapy is non-invasive, painless, and very safe.
Cold Lasers have been used internationally for over three decades. The first Cold Laser was FDA Cleared in 2001 in the United States. In all this time there have been no long term side-effects from its use. The treatments aren’t painfull, many patients don’t experience any soreness instead they begin to notice a sense of improvement and relief.↑Top
- What should I expect on my first visit?Your first visit will last about 1 hour. Dr. Ellis will ask you questions about your knee pain. He will take xrays if needed or he will review all of your MRI’s, x-rays and past medical records, so please bring those in with you. He will determine if you qualify for care. If you qualify for care, Dr. Ellis will sit down with you and go over a treatment plan and finances. Dr. Ellis will go over several payment options that make the treatments affordable to you.↑Top